Vice President of Distributor Operations
The Vice President of Distributor Operations will work lead efforts in the Sales, Application Engineering, Project Management and Lifetime Services group. The role will work closely with Product Engineering and Production in executing and developing strategies for the Distributor Operations organization.
- Manage the Distributor Operations to meet annual sales and contribution margin goals.
- Oversee department budgets to ensure compliance with annual budget goals.
- Formulate new strategies to increase sales and contribution margins.
- Organize, hire and promote staffing in the Distributor Operations
- Serve on the executive committee supporting overall TGW Systems corporate business planning.
- Work with the BP Sales Director and Regional salesmen to set the best sales strategy for each region and individual sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with the BP Sales Director and Regional salesmen to cultivate new business partners and wean out non-productive ones
- Work with the BP Sales Director and Regional salesmen to maximize the potential of existing business partners
- Support Direct Sales efforts in setting CTC conveyor strategies.
- Work with the BP Sales Director and Application Engineering Manager to set strategy(s) on all BP sales efforts.
- Work with the Application Manager to perform technical reviews on all high risk quotes and facilitate go/no go decisions.
- Actively support sales and quoting with technical advice, sales presentation support, customer visits and relationship building visits to business partners.
- Actively work with the Engineering Director to control margin erosion. Set KPIs, strategize on minimizing the impact of margin erosion issues, and work to push through legitimate change orders.
- Work with the Engineering Director in developing a strategy for a strong, competitive product line(s) supporting all channels of distribution (BP and Direct).
- Work with the Director of Operations to initiate and execute cost reduction strategies.
- Harmonize product strategies with the TGW global product strategies.
- Work with CSO of Integration business to manage potential market/customer conflicts of TGW two business channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible and work experience in logistics.
- Broad and deep understanding of Sales environment within logistics and product sales
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to connect to employees at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of business functions and systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 30% travel, predominately domestic.