We are looking for an enthusiastic developer to join our dynamic WCS Team.
You will be responsible for modifying, developing, writing, implementing and documenting warehouse control system (WCS) applications and components for our existing sites for upgrades, enhancements and bug fixing (maintenance).
You will be an excellent problem solver and have keen troubleshooting skills to respond quickly to issues affecting live sites and provide fixes or workarounds for our customers to keep our WCS systems running and improve them where possible.
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions including but not limited to ASP.NET, SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, XMLXSD and C# (WPF, EF, WCF)
- Implement new and extend existing features in the TGW Warehouse Control System and Transport Services application stack
- Enhance existing systems by analysing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Follow all development practices as outlined by the WCS Development Manager
- Implement and install TGW software on client sites
- Develop and test production level code within required timeframes
- Unit test all code to maintain code integrity
- Supporting the TGW Hotline and LTS team with live site issue resolution and work with these teams closely to improve and implement changes and fixes to our existing customer sites.
- Strong C# development skills
- Experience of SQL Development (PL/SQL or T-SQL)
- Knowledge of/experience with Oracle databases (11g preferred)
- Good understanding of Unit Testing
- Excellent communication skills with previous experience of working in a client-facing environment.
- Good time/task management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the UK and Europe
- Able to work on own initiative/self-starter
- Understanding of software development lifecycle across agile development desireable
- Experience of on-call support for a Production environment is preferred
You will receive a competitive salary plus access to our comprehensive benefits package, which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme and access to our free gym!