Technical Support Engineer I
TGW Systems Inc. Distributor Services team supports the after sales and startup of the technologies through our Distributor network. This team leads the way in responding to spare parts requests, warranty, onsite training, installation support, emergency requests, support documentation and general information for distributors and end customers.
- Work with the TGW and Distributor project teams to successfully troubleshoot, implement and commission selected material handling systems through coordination, communication and participation.
- Works closely with TGW Product Engineering to ensure the proper installation and operation procedures of all US based TGW equipment at Customer site(s).
- Uses Company manufacturing software system to support orders, warranty and related activities supporting business partners.
- Participation in 24/7 customer support program team providing technical assistance in problem solving diagnostics, troubleshooting and problem resolution with agile customer response times.
- Support documentation development, troubleshoot and follow-up for all issues attended and issue monthly reports, trip reports and issues reports as required.
- Provide training on all US based TGW supplied products for distributors at TGW or at customer’s location.
- Represent TGW at all times in a professional, businesslike manner with excellent communication skills, professional appearance and behavior.
- Develops and/or assists in planning manpower and equipment/tools for specific assigned Distributor Support or System Engineering projects.
- Associates degree in Engineering or minimum 5 years experience working in mechanical service industry
- Material handling industry experience a plus
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to travel 30-50%