IT Support Specialist
Our Software Support Specialists are highly technical Engineers with strong customer service and communication skills coupled with comprehensive technical knowledge in the areas of software and controls.
- Assist in resolving issues related to TGW automated warehouse solutions for our customers
- Build strong relationship with high customer focus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to guide customers through troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Ability to access software systems as needed to diagnose and resolve customer system malfunctions or perform system maintenance.
- Troubleshoot customer system errors, uses judgment to authorize and secure assistance, follow through with customer until issue is resolved.
- Remotely resolve service issues at customer site.
- Manage execution of required services through a combination of internal and external resources, training as necessary.
- Establish and maintain organized documentation and work methods for all Lifetime Services Support activities.
- Participate in the Software Project group learning TGW software products as wells as Controls.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalence.
- Programming skills, well versed in .NET (Frameworks: 3.5, 4.0., 4.5), C#, C+, C++, VBA
- Team oriented approach
- Relational databases (Oracle, SQL, etc…)
- Good level of Spanish & English, French or German would be a plus
- Willingness to work rotating shifts office hours 9h-18h / morning 6h-14h / afternoon 14h-22h. At the moment our shifts are rotating every 2 weeks
- Availability for guards shared with the rest of the team
- Driving license
- Good understanding of network infrastructure, familiarity with TCP/IP, subnetting, switching & routing, Ethernet concepts
- Programming skills, well versed in .NET (Frameworks: 3.5, 4.0., 4.5), C#, C+, C++, VBA )
- Familiar with virtualized operating systems with VMware
- Knowledge of Controls systems a plus (Siemens / Allen Bradley)
- Travel required less than 15% of the time