OmniStore is an innovative store and suppy chain concept for grocery retail, that combines the strengths of stationary retail stores and eCommerce: stores are seperated into a shopping area for e.g. fresh goods such as fruits etc.
and a seperate picking area, where goods are stored efficiently and fully automated picked. Customers can shop online or at the store. The orders can then be collected at 24/7 pickup points.
With OmniStore, companies benefit from fast, flexible and cost-efficient omni-channel order fulfillment – using the existing network of shops. The concept can be implemented from a store size of about 1,000 square metres – while staffing levels remain the same.
- OmniStore uses the existing network of shops
- High degree of automation
- The innovative concept combines speed, flexibility and comfort
- Picking efficiency can be increased by the factor 4
Benefits - the best of both worlds
Higher customer flexibility
- The shopping area in the store focuses on fresh goods such as fruits, vegetables, meat, cheese and convenience products.
- In addition, there is a separate picking area, where orders including other goods from the product range are prepared.
- Omni-channel: customers can place orders online, choose fresh food at the store or add other products at digital terminals.
- Ordered products can be collected flexibly at 24/7 pickup points (click&collect).