This role is responsible for supporting the customer on all automation related topics as well as supervising the day to day operations of the TGW resident technician team. The Automation Technician Lead acts as a key liaison and escalation point for the customer on all automation and TGW personnel related topics. A strong overall knowledge of electrical, mechanical, controls automation and software support, with the ability to provide technical support to the customer, are key skill sets for this role.
- Serve as the point person between the supported facility and the Lifetime Services team.
- Work closely with the LTS Account Manager to develop your team, helping to identify training needs, coordinating the shift work, approving hours and PTO.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer focus.
- Provide broad based electrical, mechanical, FM and software technical ability along with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the sites performance.
- This is a hands-on, working leadership role.
- Work with customer on coordinated maintenance activities, planned repairs, and reactive repairs of the automated equipment.
- Drive and build upon continuous improvement through team and documentation.
- Ensure the team is trained and kept up to date on safety guidelines.
- Work with customer to monitor and maintain the site spare parts inventory upon request.
- 10. Build a strong relationship with the customer site team.
- When making decisions always keep the customers operational needs in mind.
- After hours availability may be required.
- Attend requested customer meetings.
- Associate or Technical degree / certificate in Controls Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in an automated warehouse environment.
- Strong understanding of health and safety standards.
- Understanding of lean techniques and the ability to implement these techniques.
- Strong communication skills with a customer focus.
- Operationally focused with the ability to work in a time critical environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Travel required up to 15% of the time
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.