The Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for the delivery of process innovation, continuous improvement initiatives and strategic actions. This role is integral to fostering a culture of sustainable change and creating the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation. It also involves developing capability in these areas by training teams and providing coaching to functional leaders and employees of all levels.
- Be the change agent responsible for leading and managing continuous improvement processes. Take ownership of change initiatives from identification through project delivery.
- Work with the Leadership Team to monitor department/team/project targets and key performance indicators
- Create an environment with a systematic approach to problem solving. Continually challenge individuals and teams to improve through systematic application of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Manage key performance indicator reporting including daily, weekly and monthly KPIs where applicable. Support and follow-up on KPI’s and targets linked to main company activities
- Be a member on improvement teams to help with data analysis, problem solving and presentation of solutions to various levels of the organization. Leverage statistics and other data analysis methods to provide factual information to teams and operational leadership to facilitate improvement.
- Lead and facilitate process improvement based workshops to drive ideas and solutions
- Incorporate root cause analysis and verify that permanent corrective actions are implemented
- Work with other team members and departments to devise new support material based on the revised processes
- Ensure the business impact, project objectives, and dependencies are identified and managed at all times
- Complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved
- Develop visual management processes
- Audit processes and governance
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, operations or business
- 3+ years of continuous improvement experience and a 'hands-on' experience in managing cross functional projects or changes throughout all levels of business
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified or higher preferred
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Tools is preferred: value stream mapping, visual management/5S, Kanban, TPM, Muda, standard work, Gemba, stand-up meetings and project funnel development
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlook and PowerPoint
- KPI’s management culture
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving, statistical and analytical skills and tools as QRQC, 8D, 5 whys, etc.
- Minimum of 20% travel time will be required (both domestically and internationally)
- Organizational leadership
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting and costs awareness
- High level of motivation, reliability, and independence
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.