This position provides for the successful implementation of the controls portion of assigned projects by adhering to the specified schedule; ensuring the fulfillment of the contract performance rate; Champion quality, functionality and budget. The Controls Project Manager works in a project structure together with the overall Project Manager and the entire Project Realization team.
- Responsible for coordinating the alignment of the project controls budget and schedule.
- Performance tracking, progress report generation and end of project close out of assigned projects in conjunction with the entire Controls management team.
- Collaboration with and support for, Sales, Applications Engineering and Lifetime Services
- Support Project Management with financial planning, monitoring, and reporting for controls engineering budgets.
- Preparation/creation/verification of project related documentation with other controls engineers.
- Conduct meetings with the customer as needed.
- Work within the Controls Team to supply specification and clarification of controls interfaces to third-party suppliers/components.
- Work within the Controls Team to specify and clarify content to controls system integrators (if/when used), and managing them as to scope, budget and schedule.
- Support for the on-site commissioning teams.
- Support of customer training for controls related topics
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology or equivalent experience
- Prior project management experience in material handling preferred
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite, ERP applications, and CAD programs such as AutoCAD and E-plan.
- Experience with PLC programming and controls system design (Siemens expertise not required but a plus), communicationsprotocols (Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet, canBUS, etc.), visualization and motion controllers.
- Self-motivation, a cooperative attitude and the ability to clearly share ideas are a must.
- Domestic and international travel up to 50%
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.