TGW Systems is currently seeking a Director of Business Development for our Integrated Systems business in North America. This position is responsible for identifying, evaluating and initiating new opportunities for the company. The position works closely with Sales and Marketing to develop and execute customer acquisition strategies, while carefully building and maintaining long-term relationships with business partners and their affiliates. This role will work across North America and across multiple industries to cultivate new partnerships with customer C-Suite and executive level stakeholders.
The Director of Business Development is the primary source for new business leads. In this role you have the responsibility for strategy creation, execution, data analysis and target market definition for the organization. TGW works based on proven sales concepts and tools. The Director of Business Development will utilize these concepts, processes and tools for seamless transfer of projects to the Sales team.
- Market monitoring in the assigned markets/industries to identify potential leads for TGW Systems Inc.
- Utilize your existing network and build industry and market networks to facilitate lead generation
- Through market research develop forward-thinking, creative marketing strategies aimed at generating leads, growing sales, and driving revenue
- Lead the initial strategic sales process, including identification of decision-makers, consultants and users within the customer’s organization and understand the influence they have on decision making in order to determine the best path to win.
- Use all methods of communication, including cold calling, to initiate customer contact
- Consistent, timely and detailed CRM maintenance
- Present product, solution and company information in a way that directly appeals to customer and industry pain points
- Perform initial opportunity qualification focusing on high probability projects
- Organize and participate in contribution to marketing-related activities such as exhibitions, trade shows and thought leadership opportunities
- Ensure clear expectation setting, both internally and with customers, for every project
- Represent TGW leadership in trade shows and various Sales and Business Development activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- At least 10 years of proven success as a Business Development professional measured by both pipeline generation and successful sales
- At least 5 years of experience in the Material Handling industry
- Hunter mentality and strong ability to understand customer decision making process and to quickly build strong relationships with target individuals
- Results oriented with analytical, planning and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office suite, CRM applications and digital marketing channels
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time including some international travel
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.