Located at the TGW Integrated Systems headquarters site in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the Director of Solutions Engineering leads all engineering efforts in the sales phase of a project, evaluating customer requirements and creating competitive automated material handling solutions. This role provides direct oversight to the System Design and Applications Engineering teams. It is critical that this role works well with Sales, other Engineering departments and Lifetime services in order to develop and price solutions for the customers.
- Leads the review of customer logistics requirements from a process perspective based on in-depth data analysis.
- Performs performance calculations to determine the right type, configuration and quantity of equipment, in accordance with company guidelines for solution dimensioning.
- Collaborates with other departments and suppliers to correctly configure and price equipment or services.
- Conducts design reviews and benchmark several solutions to select the best one based on key criteria and cost information (i.e. lowest investment, shorter ROI).
- Leads and manages the preparation of professional proposals and provide support to business development managers at customer meetings.
- Develops standardized tools and templates, automating repeating elements of RFP response process where possible, to increase team efficiency and reduce turnaround time.
- Works as an individual contributor and manage others simultaneously on multiple initiatives and projects.
- Ensures proper hand-over of sold projects to the execution team(s).
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Demonstrated leadership experience in engineering management
- Experience in process planning, manufacturing, logistic concept planning, RFQ engineering, project management and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) calculation
- Expertise in designing and implementing warehouse automation equipment
- Ability to communicate and present findings effectively across all levels of the business and customers
- Experience working across multiple countries with the ability to work within global environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.