Under the supervision of the Manager of Training and Apprentices and various departmental supervisors, perform activities associated with TGW controls engineering, and on-site implementation of automatic material handling equipment and subsystems.
This learning and working experience includes 4,000 hours of onsite work training and a minimum of 576 subject matter hours.
At the conclusion of the apprenticeship program, the employee will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of automated material handling theory and implementation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basics electricity and electronics theory and application.
- Demonstrate an understanding of controls hardware/software implementation.
- Write basic to intermediate PLC instructions and assist with debugging same
- Utilize subsystem installation, commissioning test procedures and checklists.
- Provide support for subsystem electrical installation, interface testing, training, and startup support.
- Support other departments within TGW Systems such as: Product Development, Project Management, Manufacturing, Systems Engineering, Installation, Software Engineering, Lifetime Services, etc. and others as assigned or requested.
- Assist in equipment/subsystem commissioning of:
- Controls hardware and Software
- Human Machine Interface (HMI), User/Operator Interface,
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Accurately report onsite status of projects including but not limited to;
- Status reporting: items completed, items planned, punch list items, concerns
- Project summary reporting: lessons learned, improvements, and pitfalls
- 1-2 year learning commitment: A blend of theory and on the job training
- Willing to comply with the TGW Apprenticeship agreement
- Commit to post secondary education in pursut of a minimum of an AS in a related discipline
- Greater than 1000 evaluated hours of previous applicable work experience
- Effective communication skills
- Reliable transportation and excellent work/school attendance
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international up to 50-85% to support project implementations
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.