The Lifetime Services (LTS) Update and Retrofit Manager is the key driver for providing upgrades and extensions to a TGW customers existing material handling solution. Responsibilities include manage retrofit opportunities from initial concept through successful realization (delivery), develop and maintain consistent, repeatable processes, mentor team members and financial accountability of the team and projects.
While the Retrofit Manager reports to the Director of LTS, they will coordinate closely with the LTS Key Account Manager of a customer to ensure proper alignment of all parties needs and goals. The Retrofit Manager may play an active role in the delivery of retrofit projects, including roles such as project coordinator or as project manager.
- Provide professional project coordination, controlling and management
- Ensure the setup of an appropriate team for each U&E Retrofit project
- Careful management of CAPEX and spending especially related to personnel expenses
- Ensure professional handover of finished project to the responsible colleagues within LTS
- Effectively manage customer expectations
- Identify leads for new business opportunities
- Prepare accurate costings for LTS products to provide to potential customers
- Assist with generating accurate and competitive presentations and proposals
- Identify potential cost saving opportunities within new and existing customer sites
- Pro-actively consider ways in which TGW can add more value to our customers business and create possible revenues for TGW
- Assist with market research to ensure that TGW selling rates are competitive in the chosen market areas
- Attend site meetings with our customers and/or 3PL as required
- Participate in industry marketing events such as Promat/Logimat, and as a speaker at such events, to demonstrate TGWs competency in the industry to help drive business leads
- Participate in TGW Marketing campaigns by providing expert information that can drive U&E business (i.e. create of white papers, articles, that can be used in email marketing campaigns)
- Manage, develop and grow the Retrofit team
- Build strong and sustainable relationships with existing and new customers
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reporting on the status of LTS developments
- Stay up to date with the most significant technical aspects of TGWs current product portfolio
- Have an overview of TGWs previous product portfolio
- Represent TGW in a positive manner, reflective of our cultural guidelines and values
- Be aware of departmental budgets and help minimize departmental operational costs
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships across local and global TGW departments and hubs
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with 3rd party vendors
- Ensure compliance with current TGW QA procedures and documentation
- Work in a safe manner and follow all Health & Safety requirements including COSHH requirements as necessary
- Continuous target/performance comparison in order to ensure reaching the hub or unit operational business targets for the segment of U&E Retrofit
- Active collaboration with the LTS Competence Centers U&E Retrofit
- Experience in project management in comparable enterprises of approx. 5 years.
- Experience leading teams preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Material Handling Equipment and a comprehensive understanding of other value adding processes within the same market.
- Highly self-motivated team player that is able to interact with a large group of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Highly organized
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Careful attention to detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Experience reading and interpreting AutoCAD drawings and Technical Manuals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.