The Manager of Onsite Teams is responsible for the overall management of several site teams. Site Managers/Supervisors will report to this person.
This is a customer-facing role that combines critical thinking and integrated solution ownership with great leadership and management skills. This person is a member of our Lifetime Services team, responsible for on-site services and support post implementation.
The ideal candidate has a customer first mentality, embraces customer interaction at all levels, and has experience building highly effective teams.
- Set up and maintain on-site contracts in the US and Canada including P&L responsibility.
- Lead a team of on-site managers across several sites.
- Recruit, hire and train resources for jobsites based on contractual agreements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with geographically diverse technical schools, community colleges and universities as a means for establishing resource pipelines.
- Establish training concepts / processes for staff for new sites and replacement personnel.
- Develop and maintain relationships with 3rd party service providers who may be enlisted to supplement on-site teams.
- Develop strong relationships with TGW Global LTS Hubs and Competence Centers.
- Develop strategies for unplanned absences on job sites to ensure contract compliance and operational effectiveness.
- Measure and improve performance KPIs to align with contractual agreements.
- Ensure that monthly reports are generated and communicated to the customer.
- Establish and maintain quality control procedures.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations in coordination with TGW safety manager and on-site teams.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering/Business preferred.
- Previous experience leading on-site maintenance teams required.
- Operational knowledge of material handling systems required; experience in maintenance and trouble-shooting of material handling systems a plus.
- Previous experience in high stress scenarios where conflict resolution and social skills are critical.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel extensively 50-75%.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.