Process and Software Consultants (PCSW) at TGW support the sales team in the competitive effort to win profitable business by ensuring that the TGW solutions produced are implementable and operable under a potential client’s existing processes and industry norms for distribution processes. Particular attention is paid to the ability to implement the proposed strategies within a real-life Warehouse Control System and Warehouse Management System environment.
In this supporting role, the consultant primarily interfaces with a customer’s Project Lead, IT and Operations teams to deeply analyze the current distribution processes in the building in which TGW’s system would be operating. This knowledge then forms the core of the consultant’s role in the sales process wherein they assist in several design tasks and produce key deliverables ensuring the project’s viability and optimality. These are outlined below for the primary tasks/deliverables in a typical firm quote.
• Visit prospect site to understand operating environments
• Provide software and IT related responses for prospect RFI’s, RFP’s, and IT assessments
• Participate in prospect conference calls, design meetings, and review sessions
• Actively collaborate with the prospects IT and software organizations
• Develop process maps
• Develop detail requirements and feature set documents
• Develop WCS/WMS scope split documents
• Collaborate software designs with software realization team
• Collaborate IT infrastructure designs with internal IT organization
• Provide input to the software cost estimate
• Assist in developing documentation for the software and IT sections of client proposals
• Collaborate in the hand-over to software realization team
• Collaboration with solutions design, project coaching, and application engineering teams
• Read and analyze RFP
• Validate data analysis & PPT slides
• Provide input for simulation definition and results evaluation
• Participate in WCS to PLC integration designs
• Participate in realization design sessions with client
• Review and provide input to the software functional specification document
• BSE in Computer Science, Operations Engineering, or Equivalent
• At least two (2) years’ experience in the high-level design or operation of diverse intralogistics or comparable software systems
• Understanding of software systems and IT architecture
• Ability to breakdown operational activities and map to software requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to have fun while working in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with material handling equipment or similar technologies (shuttle systems, miniload cranes, carton and tote conveyor, unit load conveyor, pick stations)
• Experience working supply chain software packages
• Working understanding of PLC technology
• Experience implementing highly-automated intralogistics solutions
• Experience implementing or optimizing various supply chain strategies and the software supporting them
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time both internationally and domestically for training and workshops as well as visits to customer sites for fact-finding and presentations.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.