TGW Systems, Inc. creates mass-scale system designs that connect digital shoppers to mega-sized retail distributors around the globe. Our team proactively improves processes after analyzing the system specifications and gaining a complete understanding of the project’s mechanical equipment and design requirements.
We have an opening for one ambitious Project Engineering Co-op to join our Project Engineering Team in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
You’ll love this job if you are:
- Inspired by the prospect of playing with industrial automated equipment for a living
- Enticed to travel to national and international destinations
- Intellectually driven by problem solving while imaginatively obsessed with coordinating engineering activities
- Filled with aspiration to grow and develop, with a firm held appreciation for launching in the fundamentals (including getting your hands dirty… literally)
- Intrigued to be a part of planning, first-hand, the mass-scale high performance intra-logistics systems comprised of conveyors, ASRS systems (Automated Storage/Retrieval Systems)
This is what you’ll get to do:
- Learn the tools to implement the turnover from Systems Development to Project Engineering
- Proactively improve processes
- Plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate the detailed engineering activities to be on time and on budget
- Travel to and work at customer job sites
- Analyze mechanical installations and equipment lists to implement solutions
- Work with project teams on ensuring customer satisfaction
- Experience challenging work, mentorship, and projects providing a degree of autonomy and responsibility
You should already have experience with:
- Built drawings, analyzing system specifications, design and implementation processes
- Understanding of material handling systems engineering and/or other available manufactured equipment. (Includes pneumatics, controls, structural steel, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication practices
- AutoCAD and Solidworks exposure
This position requires a junior or senior level student in process of completing an Engineering Degree. This is a full time, up to 3 semester, co-op position (beginning May 2023 – August 2023) with a compensation of $19/hour. The successful co-op will be considered for full time employment candidate for 3 rotations and eligible for after-graduation employment.
TGW Systems, Inc. is the North-American entity of TGW Logistics Group. Together, we:
- Have grown to become a leading, worldwide supplier of highly dynamic logistics solutions
- Employ a multi-layer controls hierarchy to manage our highly automated equipment.
- Have developed sophisticated solutions for warehouse control systems, material flow optimization and transportation control
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.