The Project Manager II must oversee the planning and successful completion of concurrent material handling integrated systems through the complete project cycle. The successful candidate must be customer focused with the ability to clearly communicate, work within and promote a team environment, and maintain and nurture positive relationships with customers, vendors and peers.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle: planning, scope definition, design, execution, and delivery. Organize and oversee the staffing of the project.
- Ensure the engineering integrity of systems such that the contractual specifications are met with respect to system functionality, productivity, reliability, quality, and safety.
- Maintain project schedule, open items list, and risk register. Updates these on a weekly basis.
- Manage the project budget and the forecasting of costs. Identify potential over-runs early and develop mitigation plan to minimize negative impact to project.
- Coordinate with engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing for material requisitions and equipment deliveries to meet project milestones. Monitor progress against milestones, budget guidelines, and other performance indicators.
- Personally accept concurrent assignments as Project Manager and in developing bid packages, evaluating bids, processing PO’s, and monitoring vendors. Assist with the selection of vendors and manages all activities regarding external consultants and vendors.
- Keep management informed of on-going issues and potential concerns that may be escalated by the customer. Handles complex issues and problems. Refers only the most complex issues to higher level staff. Maintain comprehensive and complete documentation of situations that can lead to claims against TGW.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical systems experience
- System level working knowledge of Mechanical, PLC Controls and Software Engineering
- 4-6 years technical systems experience in material handling industry preferred
- PMP preferred
- Ability to travel up to 35-50% required.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.