This role is responsible for supporting the customer on all automation related topics as well as supervising the day to day operations of the TGW resident technician team. The Resident Maintenance Technician Lead acts as a key liaison and escalation point for the customer on all automation and TGW personnel related topics. A strong overall knowledge of electrical, mechanical, controls automation and software support, with the ability to provide technical support to the customer, are key skill sets for this role.
- Serve as the point person between the supported facility and your assigned Lifetime Services team.
- Work closely with the Site Engineering Manager to develop your team, helping to identify training needs, coordinating the shift work, approving hours and PTO.
- Complete maintenance activities of the automated equipment on-site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks and carton opening system.
- Ensure the team is trained and kept up to date on safety guidelines.
- Resolve customer equipment and solution issues as quickly and practically as possible.
- Complete work assignments and the associated work orders as assigned as well as assign work orders to the team.
- Maintain the site spare parts inventory.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
- Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance to deliver contracted KPIs.
- Collaborate with broader TGW Lifetime Services team to track, document and communicate issues and lessons learned.
- Drive and build upon continuous improvement through team and documentation.
- Ability to interface with customer at all levels.
- Associate or Technical degree / certificate Mechatronics / Industrial Maintenance / Electrical Controls Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience maintaining MHE systems.
- Previous experience in electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience required.
- Previous experience in high stress scenarios requiring conflict resolution and social skills required.
- PLC troubleshooting (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff) required.
- SCADA experience required.
- Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics required.
- Profibus, Profinet experience required.
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.