This is a customer-facing role that combines critical thinking and integrated solution ownership with great leadership and management skills. This person will be part of our Lifetime Services team, responsible for on-site services and support post implementation.
The Site Engineering Manager is responsible for the overall management of the material handling systems installed at the site. This includes managing the resident engineering team, acting as a key escalation point, and being the focal point for the customer on all automation related topics.
The ideal candidate has a customer first mentality, embraces customer interaction, at all levels, and understands that the primary responsibility of this role is a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Serve as liaison between the supported facility and the broader Lifetime Services team. Attend daily customer meetings to build a strong relationship with the customer and keep them updated on site activities.
- Develop rapport with customer operational staff at all levels. Work closely with customer operational staff to identify opportunities for system improvement in a pro-active manner.
- Provide broad based electrical, mechanical and software technical ability to improve the sites performance.
- Coordinate all maintenance activities, including the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule (PPM) and reactive repairs of the automated equipment.
- Ensure adherence to contractual obligations, including performance clauses.
- Collaborate with broader TGW Lifetime Services teams to track, document and communicate issues and lessons learned.
- Manage resident engineering team, including hiring, mentoring and training.
- Manage budget requirements for onsite support.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations at all times.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- Previous experience supervising a maintenance team in a factory or warehouse environment preferred.
- Previous experience in high stress scenarios where conflict resolution and social skills are critical.
- Several years mechatronic troubleshooting and repair experience with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience; fluent in use of troubleshooting tools (Digital Multimeter, power supply, and hand tools).
- Several years experience in PLC troubleshooting and use of programming, diagnostic and troubleshooting tools (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff).
- Profibus, Profinet, CAN bus experience preferred.
- Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite preferred.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.