The Software Engineer provides highly technical customer service and support, focusing on the TGW Software solutions. This position requires strong customer service and communication skills coupled with comprehensive technical knowledge in the areas of TGW Software.
- Take ownership in resolving issues related to TGW software solutions for our customers.
- Troubleshoot customer system errors.
- Perform root cause analysis and drive issues to resolution.
- Develop tools, applications, code improvements and scripts to resolve operational burden of support engineers and site team.
- Production builds, tools and configuration management for software product releases and successful deployments.
- Provide engineering support of our incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting and debugging.
- Work on maintenance driven coding projects.
- Read and understand complex application code and make code fixes to resolve support issues.
- Gather and analyze system data to assist in KPI tracking and identify trends.
- Participate in on-site customer transitioning process to learn the customer system and environment.
- Collaborate with the TGW Software team learning TGW software installations.
- Adherence to high quality standards.
- Collaborate with broader TGW Lifetime Services team to track, document and communicate issues and lessons learned.
- Ability to interface with customer at all levels.
- Associate degree plus Software experience, or Bachelor degree in a computer related discipline.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Programming skills well versed in C# and/or Java.
- Relational database experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
- Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand broader context.
- Energy and initiative in solving problems, following all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Ability to undertake a variety of tasks willingly, switching from complex to routine tasks when required. Abilty to adapt quickly to new technologies and products.
- Strong relationship building skills with high customer focus.
- Previous experience in high stress scenarios requiring conflict resolution and social skills preferred.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Team oriented mentality.
- Approximately 20% travel may be required.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.