The Graduate Process Engineer is expected to work closely and effectively with existing team members supporting the work with profile clients to understand their current business profile and offer solutions for improvements in all area of the operation.
Using concise data analysis techniques and proven continuous improvement methodologies, they are responsible for assisting in creating a fully tailored plan to improve both the automated solution and propose changes that improve the customers operation and or interaction/use of the solution.
In a nutshell, help us make our customers automation solutions better!
- Working with colleagues and meeting clients to understand changes within their business profile, spending time with the operational teams to understand workflows, provide a report on their findings and understand future client needs.
- Using business data and process definitions provided by the client and maintenance engineering teams. analyse the data to understand key metrics and identify areas of improvement.
- Assist in performing in-depth analysis of the transactional data using iterative techniques determining SKU mapping / allocation and sizing to determine changes from original solution design data.
- Produce high quality presentation packs to present to a customer, demonstrating analysis used, rationale for proposed changes and gain approval for improvement or change required.
- Working on multiple customer improvements at a time, at various stages of delivery, ensuring that the workload is understood and managed well.
- Support the data analysis for continuous improvement projects.
- Analyses quality data and trends to identify opportunity for improvement.
- Support customer operations and other departments for process improvement or cost reduction in activity completion.
- Maintain and adapt exciting digital reports and dashboards.
- Under guidance from the senior business improvement analysist, implement new data on boarding and analysis projects
- Knowledge of Office 365 applications including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Big Data and machine learning tools such as Splunk, R and Jupiter
- Willingness to learn new software tools and processes
- Strong numerical skills working with data in Excel with an understanding of statistical concepts such as averages and trends.
- Knowledge of different data formats such as XML, flat files and delimited files
- Analytical and organizational mind-set together with effectiveness in building and implementing new processes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a good communicator with the ability to convey complex topics
- Highly self-motivated team player that is able to interact with a large group of stakeholders both internally and within the TGW group.
- Work under pressure in an environment where task deadlines or priorities can change on a frequent basis.
- Capability in dealing with complexity in a multinational environment.
- Proactive and dynamic approach in challenging existing processes and searching for new opportunities.
You have the chance to join a recently established team and make a big difference. You will get in return a competitive salary, company profit share bonus, enhanced pension and access to the office gym, pool table, table football and arcade machine. On top of this, you will receive extensive training and the opportunity to travel to our sites across Northern Europe.