TGW are growing our Software Development team and we are now recruiting for 2 Graduate Developers to join our 2021 graduate programme, starting in August 2021.
The Graduate Developer role allows Graduates to experience all areas of Development in TGW, spending the initial period in the role as a Software Tester to learn our product and how to troubleshoot. After this, you will learn how to commission our software on-site as part of the Commissioning team. Alongside this, you will be provided with online self-learning and formal training in our technology stack so that by the time you understand our product you will be able to start to modify, develop, write and implements WCS applications and components.
After successful completion of the 2 years Graduate Programme, you will be ready to take on the role of WCS Software Developer.
- Utilise established development tools, guidelines and conventions including but not limited to ASP.NET, SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, XML XSD and C# (WPF, EF, WCF)
- Implement new and extend existing features in the TGW Warehouse Control System and Transport Services application stack
- Enhance existing systems by analysing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Follow all development practices as outlined by the WCS Development Manager
- Implement and install TGW software on client sites
- Develop and test production level code within required timeframes
- Unit test all code to maintain code integrity
- Work as part of a project team on customer projects, ensuring delivery dates are achieved and discuss delivery and testing for implementation
- Participate in software testing following the Test Strategy of the WCS Development team
- Assist with onsite commissioning for the entire commissioning phase of a project, ranging from between 3 and 6 months per year
- A relevant degree in IT, Computing or Software Engineering
- Knowledge of object-orientated programming
- Attitude to expand knowledge base and skills set
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
- Good time/task management
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the UK and Europe
- Knowledge of SQL
- An understanding of C#
Our two-year Graduate Developer program will have you learning all aspects of TGW and the role with a view to you then being promoted to Software Developer.
You should be looking for a role that will not just have you stuck behind a desk 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Our role will involve packing your suitcase and travelling to sites to see what you are actually developing software for!
We have an office with a gym, pool table, arcade etc which make lunchtimes good fun and can be great icebreakers to meet colleagues from different departments.