The Head of U&E Sales leads, manages and develops the Upgrades & Enhancements (U&E) sales activities of TGW Ltd, part of the Northern Europe Hub, including the management and execution of all TGW sales opportunities and business development activities, using both internal and external resources and through all selling phases from “target, research, contact, engage, maintain”.
The Head of U&E Sales will ensure the establishment and maintenance of sustainable leads, opportunities and projects pipeline to support the business plan; order intake, sales revenue & EBIT, development and the maintenance of existing & future key accounts.
The Head of U&E Sales is a hands on role, capabale of managing a small multi discipline team of sales engineers and Project Managers, and has the ability to analyse market opportunities, develop new business but also develop design solutions when required.
To provide sales support to other U&E Hub entities within the LTS Northern Europe Hub
Key Sales activities
- Responsible for the U&E sales activities in TGW Ltd
- Business Development activities
- Support the U&E Manager with the development and execution of the sales strategy
- In conjunction with TGW’s overall sales strategy, design of the sales plan with specific target accounts and sales objectives. Upon approval of the plan, being responsible for the successful accomplishment.
- Ensure the execution of regular market and competitor analysis
- Develop and maintain the relationships with customers
- Develop and maintain Key Accounts
- Coordinate the development of concept studies and technical solutions on customer requests
- Manage the preparation of offer and contractual documents respecting the customer and internal quality requirements
- Perform monthly reporting
- Lead and participate to contract negotiations
- Attend client meetings and presentations
- Deliver the required order intake, sales revenue and EBIT in line with the business plan
- Provision of a sales plan for all U&E opportunities focusing on TGW core markets
- Bid no-bid process
- Lead (and / or provide / include competent resource to participate) in the review and approval of the bid/no-bids created by the selling activities
- Ensure that all sales activities are run in accordance with the company methodology and processes (eg Stage Gate)
- Ensure that all sales and business opportunities are entered into the compant CRM system and are maintained up to date at all times.
- Ensure that sales success criteria are clear and unambiguous. These criteria are to include details of selling price; margin, scope, key account opportunity and potential
- Audit each lead, opportunity and project at least monthly to assess our opportunity to win at an acceptable margin and timeline using the bid no-bid process within Stage Gate
- Ensure that a fully detailed sales plan exists with tasks suitably allocated and that all contributing departments accept and sign off the sales plan
- Ensure that the current inter-company processes are followed
- Produce clear and concise, high quality reports of the status of the opportunities and projects in line with formats provided by the CRM
- Recruit team members in line with the budget, company procedures and approval processes
- Ensure that the stage gate methodology & CRM tool is used throughout the selling process
- Prepare monthly business forecasts to support the resource planning process
- Arrange training and development plans to improve the competency and capability of the TGW U&E sales team
- Ensure that every opportunity to optimise our margin performance during the selling process is taken without compromise to specification or loss of client satisfaction / relationship
- Act upon the TGW values and follow the TGW leadership principles
- Ensure that a business forecast is provided to support the resource planning process and is carried out on a monthly basis the objective is to ensure that:
- The business does not over commit itself
- The required resources are available as needed
- Spare resources are “sold” to other departments or group companies
- Ensure that training and development plans exist to improve the competency and capability of the TGW U&E sales team.
- Provide leadership to all associated employees. Perform appraisal interviews minimum once a year and define individual targets for each employee.
- Proven experience of leading a professional sales team within a successful and fast growing capital projects business
- Outstanding sales ability, with excellent commercial awareness
- A background in Material Handling/Automation Industry
- Strong engineering knowledge covering mechanical, electrical and controls
- Outstanding communicator across all levels of the business
- Ability to work away from home in the UK and Europe when required
We offer an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding area of TGW and drive its sales activity. Alongside this, you will receive a competitive salary, car allowance, bonus, healthcare and an enhanced pension.