The Resident Engineer will support our customer on all automation related topics. They will provide a broad based electrical and mechanical ability along with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based on our customer sites, the Resident Engineer must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the LTS internal department KPI’s
- Support all maintenance activities, planned repairs and reactive repairs of the automated equipment on site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators, shuttles and Robotics
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Support customer meetings by providing updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all engineering activities with the customer
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- React to any automation breakdown in a timely manner ensuring minimal downtime, whilst mindful of escalations
- Support the delivery of installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements.
- Support tracking serviceability versus targets including analysis of error rates and production of corrective action plans.
- Support and manage the business’s automation monitoring equipment.
- Project completion to increase efficiency and improve quality, against measurable standards
- Mentor, train and advise site apprentices
- Support an environment that inspires continuous improvement and the generation of ideas
- Look for opportunities that can add value for the customer and create possible revenues for TGW
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Working knowledge of Siemens S7 , Profibus, Canbus , Profinet and ASI Bus
- Experience of transferring and Knowledge sharing
We offer the opportunity to join a new site and assist the team commissioning with a view to you being fully up to speed before the site goes live. This new site will utilise all of TGWs current kit and will be a flagship site for us and you can be a part of that team.
On top of that we offer a competitive salary, overtime, enhance pension, subsidised gym membership, profit share scheme and much more.