The Resident Technician provides a broad based electrical, mechanical and software first line fix with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance
It is based on a customer’s site and you will be required to assist in the covering of holidays and sickness.
Good communication skills are required to ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained at all times.
This would ideally suit a semi skilled person who with the right training can step and develop into becoming a site TGW technician.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site:
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all necesary reporting documentation in line with the contract to aid the smooth running of the maintenance department – see examples
- Handover documentation
- CMMS maintenance software
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Support the site manager with planned preventive maintenance strategy setting
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Support any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Actively seek root cause when remedying any breakdowns
- Ensure all Spares are audited, replaced and correctly monitored
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in any form of engineering discipline with some IT skills, office and hardware.
- Can demonstrate experience or a keen interest in any engineering and or IT through previous roles / experiences and hobbies.
- Able to work flexible shift patterns inclusive some Saturday working
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys, socket sets, torque wrenches & multi meter for examples.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
We offer a range of benefits that include a subsidised gym membership, enhanced pension, profit share and training opportunities.