As a Sales Project Manager, you will play a key role in the sales management of projects within the Upgrades & Enhancements department. This role plays a key part in allowing the LTS department to realise its strategic and financial goals.
The role of the Sales Project Manager is to smoothly manage a response to a Request for Quotation (RFQ) from our customers and the bidding activity on internally created enquiries and ensure that the solution proposed is complete and appropriate and results in the best proposal possible.
This is a key role in the whole process and the Sales Project Manager must assess what information is required to coordinate the response material from all parties involved (including sub-contractors and joint partners), and ensure that the completed proposals put forward the best possible response in terms of completeness, appropriateness and that it demonstrates the best value-added options to our customers.
You’ll be accountable for budget management and reporting for both the customer and TGW will be required in detail and reviewed on a monthly basis, for all your active projects. In addition, any alterations to the initial plan will need explanations and corrective steps included within the monthly reports.
- Leading and supporting U&E lead generation.
- Prepare accurate costings for potential U&E project customers.
- Undertaking a Bid/No Bid exercise on all U&E opportunities.
- Agreeing on the timescales, costs and resources needed.
- Ensure that deadlines are met, as well as manage the design and visual presentation of hard copy and digital versions of the response documents.
- Understanding the RFQ and deciding timelines and responsibilities.
- Selling your tender and pricing to win.
- Timely management of tender activities.
- Review of drafts and effecting improvement.
- Quality control and procedures.
- Obtaining feedback from Customers when tenders are unsuccessful in order to improve in future activities.
- Provide insight and analysis of forthcoming opportunities, customer mindsets, best practice and dealing with customers.
- Project life cycle managed through the companies “Stage Gate” process.
- Hold regular status meetings with project teams.
- To manage the individual project budget and attain agreed contribution targets.
- Manage internal & external suppliers to agreed KPI and SLA metrics.
- Negotiating with contractors and suppliers for materials and services required for project delivery.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reporting on the status of their responsible U&E projects.
- Resolves and /or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Several years’ experience in a similar position (solutions design, engineering or pre-sales/sales background).
- Demonstrated ability to lead the project tendering process.
- Experienced in managing multiple project bids simultaneously.
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- Sales negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and presentation skills.
- Relevant engineering qualification.
A fast-paced role where you will work on multiple projects at once for a variety of customers. You will receive a competitive salary, car allowance and company benefits that include a group profit share scheme, pension, life assurance and 25 days holidays with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days per year.