The Solutions Designer carries out a variety of architectural assignments. This role provides services in the research, design, and development of automated material handling systems. The Solutions Designer collects and analyzes technical data from the customer to determine project requirements and problems to solve. The Solutions Designer designs a solution based on the main KPIs and prepares information regarding the different areas in the design, specifications, materials and equipment.
- Analyzes customer data and deeply understand the customer requirements and problems to solve.
- Defines the main KPIs for the solutions design.
- Creates the Material flow diagram and the Performance Line Diagram of each project
- Calculates the operator performance rates based on a MOST calculation (Maynard Operation Sequence Technique)
- Designs and optimizes a material handling solution based on the customer requirements and main KPIs.
- Coordinates the system patents-proof for the selected concept with the patent department
- Provides information to the Project coaches and Simulation’s department for the simulation of the standard systems and the whole solution
- Prepares the Description of operation and the Solution’s Summary
- Responsible of the Test Specification and Simulation Specification
- Understands basic material handling software functionality
- Partners with sales to develop effective selling strategies and provide proper coordination and engineering to develop proposals in order to land orders.
- Utilizes and understands drawings and exchanges this information with TGW associates and customers.
- Trains associates in the areas of material handling systems design and TGW product portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years of material handling systems design experience
- Advanced abilities in Excel, Access, MSWord, and PowerPoint
- Experience in MS Project, AutoCAD
- Occasional domestic and international travel for training and customer support
- Ability to analyze and understand customer business processes
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary and intercultural experts network
- Good communication and presentation skills
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.