The Resident Engineer will support our customer on all automation related topics. They will provide a broad based electrical and mechanical ability along with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based on our customer sites, the Resident Engineer must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment within TGW scope on site
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency supporting that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Follow the work arrangement according to business situation, undertake and complete the work of mobile/resident services when it is necessary.