Applications Engineer I
This is an entry level applications engineering position ideal for a new graduate, or a person with the equivalent work experience in a materials handling environment, who possesses demonstrated skills in the engineering of material handling systems.
- Work in a team environment, assisting senior Applications Engineers to develop concepts and designs of conveyor systems.
- Work with TGW sales people and distributors to gain knowledge necessary to properly concept and quote conveyor systems.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the detailed activities of the quotation work after analyzing the RFP/system specifications and gaining a complete understanding of the quotation requirements.
- Prepare the technical content of proposals such as equipment lists, basis of quotations, specification clarification, and pricing. If required, participates in presentation to the customer.
- Analyze and solve customers' conveyor questions / requirements by telephone.
- Take responsibility for maintaining an up-to-date, neat, and complete quotation file both in paper form and electronically in Doxis.
- Follow through on special projects assigned by Department Manager, including but not limited to: physical inventory counting, develop special design data sheets, and product testing with follow-up report both written and on video.
- Utilize departmental standards and personnel policies when conducting the performance of all work assignments.
- Works to develop higher skills in the areas of new equipment application and design and proposal preparation.
- Willing and able to take direction from department manager or more senior members of AE with regards to work schedule and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering field or an equivalent of 2 years’ experience with material handling systems design.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Suitable abilities in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Autodesk AutoCAD
- Use of Navision and Doxis software a plus
- High-quality time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.