Technical Support Engineer Software
The Technical Support Engineer is a critical role withing the TGW Lifetime Services (LTS) team, providing highly technical customer service and support, focusing on the TGW Software solutions. This position requires strong customer service and communication skills coupled with comprehensive technical knowledge in the areas of TGW software.
- Take remote support calls and take ownership in resolving issues related to TGW solutions, including mechanical, software and control solutions for our customers.
- Troubleshoot customer system errors, uses judgment to authorize and secure assistance, follow through with customer until issue resolved.
- Follow-up with root cause evaluation and resolution after initial issues are corrected.
- Effectively, professionally and accurately use our call tracking system to record customer calls, provide regular updates, and record the final resolution.
- Ability to use various access software systems as needed to diagnose and resolve customer system malfunctions or perform system maintenance.
- Maintain organized documentation and work methods for remote support activities.
- Participate in on-site customer transitioning process to learn the customer system and environment in order to provide exceptional customer support.
- Participate in learning opportunities for continuous improvement of your skills and knowledge.
- Spend time working with the TGW Software group learning TGW software installations
- Coverage varies between days, nights and weekend as planned, well in advance within the team.
- Associates degree plus Software experience, or Bachelors degree in a computer related discipline or similar.
- Knowledge of Object oriented programming
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Programming skills, well versed in C# and/or Java
- Good understanding of network infrastructure, familiarity with TCP/IP, sub-netting, switching & routing, Ethernet concepts
- Strong relationship building skills with high customer focus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the abililty to guide customers through troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Team oriented approach
- Not afraid to learn and participate in continous improvement
- Travel required up to 25%
A Plus, If You Have:
- One or more years of equipment (and mechanical) experience, e.g. having being a commissiong engineer for SW systems
- Material handling industry experience is a plus
- Microsoft Certification (MTA or above)
- Relational databases (Oracle, SQL, etc…) a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with Controls systems (Siemens / Allen Bradley) a plus
- Familiar with virtualized operating systems with VMware