Deep-Freeze Automated Storage Solutions: High performance at sub-zero temperatures
We take it for granted to regularly fill up our freezer with frozen food. Vegetables, pizza, ice cream – a perfect cold chain provides us with high-quality food. The cold chain, however, does not start with the transport to the shops but much earlier as the logistics centres have to meet the high-quality requirements. Standard is the key word – freezer logistics is a standard at TGW. Every component, product and system can be used in all temperature ranges that are common for food production and retail.
Freezer logistics as TGW standard
In all project phases, from engineering over implementation to live operation, the challenging conditions of freezer warehouses and distribution centres take centre stage. When a component is developed at TGW, the freezer standard is always considered. High performance despite arctic temperatures – with the TGW solutions you won't be left out in the cold.
In fact, it does not make any difference if you install a TGW Stingray Shuttle in an ambient temperature of +40 or -30 degrees Celsius. Changing a few components assures the perfect adaptation to the given temperature, similar to having snow tires on a car. TGW's material handling technology is equipped for every type of storage and conveying environment – ranging from the desert to the Arctic.
With an all-wheel-drive through the winter – freezer shuttle technology
Freezer environments are determined by specific requirements. Therefore, the TGW solution specialists analysed the demands on the market a few years ago and became pioneers when using the TGW Shuttle technology in freezer warehouses. High storage density, high availability and high performance are combined in the freezer solutions by TGW.
Freezer giant Coop in Switzerland
In Switzerland, TGW realised a huge freezer project for the grocery giant COOP. The implemented solution makes use of the wide range of applicability of the TGW technology to secure the best temperature ranges for the individual process steps – from the goods in area (-2 °C) to the engine (-25 °C) and the dispatch area (+5 °C). TGW's technology is the solution.
- Freezer warehouse pallets (-25 °C)
- Automated de-palletising with Splitex (-2 °C)
- Manual de-palletising (-2 °C)
- Transport of goods over several levels (-2 °C)
- Stingray shuttle system (-25 °C)
- Automated palletising with AutoStax (-2 °C)
- Consolidation buffer (-25 °C)
- Conveyor lines and storage
- Permanent package handling
- Fully automated solutions minimise the employees’ efforts in the physically demanding freezer area.
- TGW as pioneer: TGW had been researching and developing a long time and as a result became the first intralogistics supplier on the market with a solution based on standardised freezer shuttles. You get a high-performance and established technology with a secured future.
- Compact construction design: Thanks to the compact construction design, a Stingray Shuttle warehouse achieves a high storage density. Therefore, less space is required which results in lower energy costs for cooling the warehouse.
- Maintenance friendly: The maintenance friendly shuttle aisles enable the personnel to access it easily for maintenance purposes. The shuttles can be removed from the warehouse in no time by using a special shuttle lift. The maintenance can then be conducted either in normal or cool temperature areas.
- Integrated system: TGW components, products and systems can be used in any temperature range. The same components are used in freezer warehouses as in any other ambient temperature (except for just a few "winter components").
- High performance and best travel values: The high-performance TGW Stingray Shuttles with their all-wheel drive and sophisticated sensors allow for maximum dynamics and availability even in arctic temperatures.
- Total Cost of Ownership: High performance, maximum availability and high storage density reducing storage volume can also be seen in the Total Cost of Ownership. A smaller volume means significantly lower costs.