The Resident Automation Technician I supports our customer on all automation-related topics. This position must possess a broad based electrical and mechanical skillset along with a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the sites performance. Based at our customer sites, the Resident Automation Technician I must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Resolve customer equipment and solution issues as quickly and practically as possible.
- Complete work assignments and the associated work orders as assigned.
- Maintain the site spare parts inventory.
- Complete maintenance activities of the automated equipment on-site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks, and carton opening system.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
- Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance to deliver contracted KPIs.
- Adherence to high-quality standards.
- Collaborate with the broader TGW Lifetime Services team to track, document, and communicate issues and lessons learned.
- Ability to interface with customer at all levels.
- Associate or Technical degree/certificate Mechatronics / Industrial Maintenance / Electrical Controls Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in electro-mechanical troubleshooting and repair with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience preferred.
- Previous experience in high-stress scenarios requiring conflict resolution and social skills preferred.
- PLC troubleshooting (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff) is preferred.
- SCADA experience preferred.
- Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics preferred.
- Profibus, Profinet experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.