This is a mid-level position that will contribute to a team effort in all aspects of software engineering including design, development, testing, and support. This position will also support project estimation and task delegation.
- Be a subject matter technical expert, provide a roadmap to the development team and make architectural decisions in consultation with the project technical architect. This person is humble, talented, quick learner, and always looking to make things better.
- Collaborate with developers and project managers to deliver high quality and successful software implementations that meet the business goals of the customer
- Write technical specifications for custom modifications (Product Backlog Item)
- Write C# code to meet functional and technical specifications
- Write and execute unit and integration test plans
- Participate in software functional tests using an equipment emulation model
- Provide start-up and post go-live support to customer sites
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Stay abreast of current and new technologies and also work closely with the product development team in Austria
- Conduct code reviews and mentor team members for best practices
- Lead scrum process by conducting frequent scrum meetings and manage task priorities
- Act as a mentor to new team members and provide necessary guidance for their successful onboarding
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 3 plus years of experience in object-oriented design principles and programming in C#
- Experience in a relational database with Entity Framework and LINQ
- Understanding of asynchronous and parallel programming techniques
- Understanding of code optimization techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or newer
- Solid understanding of product versioning and source control practices
- Microservices or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- A strong advocate of agile methods and practices
- Preferred Experience
- Previous experience (3+ years) delivering software solutions in a material handling environment
- 3+ years of Oracle database experience
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Workflow
- Familiarity with Microsoft TFS
- Familiarity with Jenkins and CI/CD practices (DevOps background)
- Familiarity with monitoring software like Icinga, NewRelic
- Experience with Docker/containerization
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MSP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of time on short notice, including international travel
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.