This role is responsible for supporting the customer on all automation-related topics as well as supervising the day-to-day operations of a TGW resident technician team. The Resident Automation Technician Team Lead acts as a key liaison and escalation point for the customer on all automation and TGW personnel-related topics. Strong overall knowledge of electrical, mechanical, controls automation, and software support, with the ability to provide technical support to the customer, are key skill sets for this role.
- Serve as the point person between the supported facility and your assigned Lifetime Services team.
- Work closely with the Site Engineering Manager to develop your team, helping to identify training needs, coordinating the shift work, and approving hours and PTO.
- Complete maintenance activities of the automated equipment on-site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks, and carton opening system.
- Ensure the team is trained and kept up to date on safety guidelines.
- Resolve customer equipment and solution issues as quickly and practically as possible.
- Complete work assignments and the associated work orders as assigned as well as assign work orders to the team.
- Maintain the site spare parts inventory.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
- Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance to deliver contracted KPIs.
- Collaborate with the broader TGW Lifetime Services team to track, document, and communicate issues and lessons learned.
- Drive and build upon continuous improvement through team and documentation.
- Ability to interface with the customer at all levels.
- Associate or Technical degree/certificate Mechatronics / Industrial Maintenance / Electrical Controls Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience maintaining MHE systems.
- Previous experience in electro-mechanical troubleshooting and repair with material handing conveyor, AS/RS, and shuttle experience required.
- Previous experience in high-stress scenarios requiring conflict resolution and social skills required.
- PLC troubleshooting (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff) is required.
- SCADA experience required.
- Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics required.
- Profibus, Profinet experience required.
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.